Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm such a lazy blogger.  We are so busy morning, noon, and night.  I hardly find the time to get on the computer. I guess it's a good thing that we are busy living life instead of staring at electronics.  The kids are doing great. Our school year has been very successful so far with many small victories along the way.  Kaylee is finally overcoming some of her reading difficulties, and her confidence is finally growing.  She has learned most of her multiplication facts too! Jordan has found a real love for history and geography. He still loves art, and he amazes me everyday with his drawings. We make sure he gets plenty of downtime to be creative. Carter is still crazy little Carter.  He is so much like Macie it's scary. He has the same ambitious drive she had, and he is starting to read a little and learning to tie his shoes.  He keeps us laughing everyday.

We have been really busy with our sports too.  We have completed a season of flag football. Jordan found a real love for the sport and hopes to play tackle next year. Both the boys are now in Tae Kwon Do. Jordan will have his first belt test in December. Kaylee has already competed in 3 gymnastics meets. She is improving so much, and she won 1st place all-around at her last meet.  She also just moved from a level 3 to a level 4 gymnast this week. She is so excited! I feel like we live at the YMCA, but I guess it's not so bad when I get the kiddos all to myself during the day.

I LOVE being home with them and watching them learn everyday. I'm am so fortunate that I don't have to rush them out the door every morning to spend 6+ hours in a school.  When my children were in public school, it felt like we never had any quality family time. The kids didn't get a lot of down time to just hangout with each other. Now they spend a lot of time together, and they get along really well and truly enjoy being together.  Homeschooling has given our family so much freedom, and we are loving it.

Our classroom

Mills Apple Farm field trip

Carter in his Tae Kwon Do outfit
Isn't he cute?!
Disney World



playing in the camper....we even slept outside last week
out on the bike trails
Kaylee's State Meet
Melvin Price Lock and Dam Field Trip

Lewis and Clark Confluence Tower field trip

1 comment:

  1. claudine@orphanscry.comNovember 19, 2010 at 10:18 PM

    SO GLAD TO SEE SOME PHOTOS OF THE KIDS, AND TO HEAR HOW WELL YOUR SCHOOL YEAR IS GOING.

    THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU.

    BE OF GOOD CHEER. I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Followers